Dot Torture Drill 2nd attempt

peytoncreekhunter

My 2nd attempt on the dot torture drill....2 misses and one line cutter. The weak hand only dot got me.

On my first attempt I think I had 7 misses.

20240106_115624.jpg

peytoncreekhunter

I've never done that particular course. What is the time allowed per dot?

No time limit, slow fire

But you can alter it to have some kind of time limit.

You'd think 5yrds is a piece of cake but... if you don't concentrate, keep a good sight picture and smooth trigger press you'll get humbled very quickly.

Lt.Dan

No time limit, slow fire

But you can alter it to have some kind of time limit.

You'd think 5yrds is a piece of cake but... if you don't concentrate, keep a good sight picture and smooth trigger press you'll get humbled very quickly.
I'll have to try that one someday. Looks fun. I like a challenge. I'm used to shooting 25-50 yards with a pistol. I think 5 yards might be a challenge because the dot would be overtaken by the sights. How big is the circle?

DaveTN

I'll have to try that one someday. Looks fun. I like a challenge. I'm used to shooting 25-50 yards with a pistol. I think 5 yards might be a challenge because the dot would be overtaken by the sights. How big is the circle?
If you want a challenge instead of 5-yard target shooting, do defensive shooting and shoot that without using sights, as in points instinct defensive shooting.