Do not be that guy

Sako

Yes sir, the same thing applies over here. I used to love going below Ft Loudon dam to fish. It used to be great for stripers, white bass, skipjack, etc and great numbers. I remember days of 100 white bass per person, catching and releasing as fast as possible so you could catch another. The immigrants took it over and not only did they kill the fishing but they made it into a landfill mess; trash everywhere and it just literally stinks to high heaven. I've seen them catch so many that their bucket handle would break with them trying to carry the fish out. Some started bringing those carts people use down at the beach.
crazy... and crazy the TWRA does nothing about it

BetterDaniel

Yes sir, the same thing applies over here. I used to love going below Ft Loudon dam to fish. It used to be great for stripers, white bass, skipjack, etc and great numbers. I remember days of 100 white bass per person, catching and releasing as fast as possible so you could catch another. The immigrants took it over and not only did they kill the fishing but they made it into a landfill mess; trash everywhere and it just literally stinks to high heaven. I've seen them catch so many that their bucket handle would break with them trying to carry the fish out. Some started bringing those carts people use down at the beach.
Ft loudon is a zoo. I guess its really been a zoo as long as I've been around. Ponder on this, how many of those dreamers do you think purchase a fishing license? Makes you wonder..... 🤔

It probably doesn't help that its on the edge of little Mexico as well.

moondawg

Stuff like this is why I try to fish the smaller lakes, the ones that don't allow gas motors. It's not a cure, but it cuts down the chances of stuff like that happening.

When I go trout fishing at Spring River in Arkansas, there's always a chance that someone will want to fish by me, especially if I'm catching fish.

hammer33

The caneyfork is my favorite. Up by the dam you have guys in $500 waders, $290 boots, a $300 fly vest who knows how much $$ in rods and they wade out into the channel (where the fish are holding) and fling flies up into the shallow water. Then if you have to use the navigation channel to get by them in your boat, they give you the stink eye or run their mouth. The old timers who know how to fish are pitching into my prop wash and catching fish. The LLbean models are wading into the fish and spooking them, then beating the water into a froth with 15-20 false casts into 5" of water near the bank and not catching anything. I like to ask them if they are using night crawlers as I go by. LOL.

Latest posts