disc for 4 wheeler

Deck78

I know this has been covered before but I couldn't remember who's got one and using it. I think Football Hunter??? I am thinking about getting a disc for the 4 wheeler. Any thoughts on brands and pricing? What are the 4 wheeler requirements for this?

thanks!

cdave89

i bought an old disc and had my cousin cut it in half so that i could pull it with my 4wheeler. It has worked great. Most people recommend 400-500cc minimum. We still have the other half if your interested.

Truedouble

we bought one about 10 years ago and it has held up remarkably well. We primarely use it in the mountain where it hits numerous rocks. It's heavy enough to cut up most any soil as long as it's not just bone dry. I wish I knew the manf. but I don't. All I know is it is red, has 6 discs and rotates over for discing and then rotates back over onto 2 wheels for travel. Probably weighs at least 300 pounds. It is not very wide, probably 4 feet but you can go pretty fast and cover a lot of ground. Speed often helps when discing new areas or hard soil because as it bounces up and down a little it digs into the soil better.

Truedouble

Deck, that is almost exactly like the one we have. Only difference I see is the neck is flat steel on the one on the website and the neck of our is tube steel.

Football Hunter

Deck78 said:
I know this has been covered before but I couldn't remember who's got one and using it. I think Football Hunter??? I am thinking about getting a disc for the 4 wheeler. Any thoughts on brands and pricing? What are the 4 wheeler requirements for this?

thanks!
Yeah,I have a flip disc,it works great for what it is,you have to go s l o w to keepit from rocking.I like it,got it from Bass Pro.

Deck78

Thanks guys!

Dave, what do you reckon y'all would need to turn loose of the welded up disc? How far are you from the Nashville area?

Boone 58

The one from Tuffline, by monroe is a great one and comes in 2" steel and 3"steel models , i have had one since 2005 and really like mine. I also recommend the drag harrow from t.s metal?...from Tractor supply, you can be a food plotting fool with these two implements.
091809_20231.jpg

Latest posts