Disappointing morning

Knothead

Walked 2 miles over 2 different spots, zero gobbles heard and 0 turkeys seen. I had high hopes but maybe the wind had them acting different.
That was me, yesterday morning. Finally had one playing the game with me. He was casually working his way to me —had cut the distance from > 500 yds to just under 100– and then this happened.
View attachment 225384
View attachment 225384

timberjack86

The morning is still young, I'm blind calling just enjoying nature. A bird just started hammering. Fingers crossed
20240427_085013.jpg

old gobbler just came in gobbling all the way. Wind is blowing in the pines pretty hard but he could hear me alot further than I could hear him.

megalomaniac

Walked 2 miles over 2 different spots, zero gobbles heard and 0 turkeys seen. I had high hopes but maybe the wind had them acting different.
If it's as cloudy up there as it is down here, that seems to slow the morning down a bit. They gobble later and usually fly down later.

Keep at it, you should find one if they are in the area and put in a few more miles.

Bell3wv

The morning is still young, I'm blind calling just enjoying nature. A bird just started hammering. Fingers crossed
I had a gobbler and a jake breeding hens in a field last week. They saw my jake decoy and ran like he'll. I'm leaving him at home now. The jake was blowed up strutting and both their heads wear solid white. Jake saw my decoy and dis a wild MMA Jackie Chan backflip.

rem270

Woke up this morning and wind was blowing 30mph and raining. Got out about 8 and rode around and spotted one blown up with a hen headed towards the place I hunt. Snuck in undetected and watching 5 or 6 Jake's now and a couple hens. Hoping the one I seen shows his face soon.
Gotta just laugh sometimes. I would've seen him if he came off the hill my way. I knew I didn't spook him so knew he went towards the road instead of away from it. Left and once I could see the spot I seen him earlier he was blown up in the middle of the road. Even gave me the chance to run him over if I'd wanted to. Hopefully he'll mess up soon.

Gravey

It was very windy yesterday and had them gobble about 3 times on the roost and then not a whole lot after but just enough to keep up with their movements. First time hunting my son-in-laws family farm so sat down in an area he said they frequent and after a gobble on the ground I repositioned. As I'm sitting there I see somebody sneaking down the tree line that's between me and the birds and he's carrying a full strut decoy. I whistle but he didn't hear me. They had told me nobody would be here but not my farm so had mixed emotions. Well I call a little and 2 hens and 2 longbeards are coming across the field toward me and I notice the fan of his decoy down in a little island of trees close to the tree line. Birds clear and see it and start easing over and I knew then it was over. He killed one and once he got up to get the bird I went and talked to him. As it turns out he lives beside the property and was told several years ago he could turkey hunt and coyote hunt. Unfortunately he didn't text or ask this year. Nice guy and I was a little bummed but oh well it gave me the opportunity to get on another bird and do a lot of walking learning the property. Back out here today and had 3 longbeards with a hen and I messed up on. They were moving so I tried to get around and went too far. They ended up easing by where I had planned to sit. I probably could've killed one at 61 yards but that's no fun for me so watched them walk off and now set up elsewhere hoping shortly they might fire back up. Wind howling pretty good today too.

Knothead

It was very windy yesterday and had them gobble about 3 times on the roost and then not a whole lot after but just enough to keep up with their movements. First time hunting my son-in-laws family farm so sat down in an area he said they frequent and after a gobble on the ground I repositioned. As I'm sitting there I see somebody sneaking down the tree line that's between me and the birds and he's carrying a full strut decoy. I whistle but he didn't hear me. They had told me nobody would be here but not my farm so had mixed emotions. Well I call a little and 2 hens and 2 longbeards are coming across the field toward me and I notice the fan of his decoy down in a little island of trees close to the tree line. Birds clear and see it and start easing over and I knew then it was over. He killed one and once he got up to get the bird I went and talked to him. As it turns out he lives beside the property and was told several years ago he could turkey hunt and coyote hunt. Unfortunately he didn't text or ask this year. Nice guy and I was a little bummed but oh well it gave me the opportunity to get on another bird and do a lot of walking learning the property. Back out here today and had 3 longbeards with a hen and I messed up on. They were moving so I tried to get around and went too far. They ended up easing by where I had planned to sit. I probably could've killed one at 61 yards but that's no fun for me so watched them walk off and now set up elsewhere hoping shortly they might fire back up. Wind howling pretty good today too.
Persistence pays off, Bro. Stay with 'em. Prime time is 10-2. Good luck!