Smokeless Did a lil shooting today

Smokeless

Deer Assassin

did a lil shotting and trying to do something different this year.
changed primer to a fed 209a heavy knurling and a duplex load

i say they both want to kill something

i just hate and i mean hate the bc of the 195 barnes

i have killed 292yds with sst my wife has the longest shot with the barnes at 226 yds

after 240 there is just a lot of room for error with the 195 and the fpe drops a lot

probably hunt the sst for long shots

TN Larry

How many grains of straight H4198 did you shoot last year? Did your point of impact change with the duplex? I am contemplating a duplex based on your misfire during cold weather last year. I hunted that same morning and killed a 140" deer from the same tree a few days later. I often wondered if my gun would have went off that morning. I meant to leave it out all night on a cold night last year and try to fire it but never did.

Deer Assassin

TN Larry":1ge1krzs said:
How many grains of straight H4198 did you shoot last year? Did your point of impact change with the duplex? I am contemplating a duplex based on your misfire during cold weather last year. I hunted that same morning and killed a 140" deer from the same tree a few days later. I often wondered if my gun would have went off that morning. I meant to leave it out all night on a cold night last year and try to fire it but never did.

i used 63.4 straight h4198 last year

the poi was different not much though

Latest posts