Desert experiment

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
My 2 favorite cakes, carrot cake and Banana nut bread.
Dumped together
Change the water for milk
Change the oil for applesauce
Add 1 tspn cinnamon
14 min at 350, 16 if you over fill the muffin cups

Mmmmm, I think we are on to something here.
Maybe better with butter than icing!! It may take a dozen to figure that out!
image.jpg

TAFKAP

Very nice. While you're on the subject of weird baking experiments, Mrs. TAFKAP sprung this one on us a few years ago, and it remains a hit. I do it on Scout campouts pretty frequently, and folks have finally accepted this as normal and not at all weird.

Your favorite box of brownie mix....we like to use the Ghirardelli double chocolate or ultimate chocolate. Substitute all their wet ingredients with a single can of pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling, just a can of pumpkin.

Mix it all up, and bake it as instructed. No kidding, it works great.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Very nice. While you're on the subject of weird baking experiments, Mrs. TAFKAP sprung this one on us a few years ago, and it remains a hit. I do it on Scout campouts pretty frequently, and folks have finally accepted this as normal and not at all weird.

Your favorite box of brownie mix....we like to use the Ghirardelli double chocolate or ultimate chocolate. Substitute all their wet ingredients with a single can of pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling, just a can of pumpkin.

Just weird enough it might be great!

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled

Showed this to my wife last night…
Tonight I come in from work and find this on the counter!
image.jpg

mike243

You all suck, I'm diabetic, just put a order in for the ingredients pumpkin should be ok right? 🤣 wife's at the store now

mike243

well made TAFKAP brownies, they are goey, I like em but the wife wants more firm, you will end up with goey hands so a plate is recommended, will make POPCORNS next after my sugar levels come back down 🤣

mike243

My 2 favorite cakes, carrot cake and Banana nut bread.
Dumped together
Change the water for milk
Change the oil for applesauce
Add 1 tspn cinnamon
14 min at 350, 16 if you over fill the muffin cups

Mmmmm, I think we are on to something here.
Maybe better with butter than icing!! It may take a dozen to figure that out!
View attachment 228867
Left the cinnamon out due to the wife not liking sometimes, made 1 pan of muffins and a 9x13 cake pan, muffins are really good, found a can of cream cheese icing and might try on the part of the cake tomorrow, afraid to take my blood sugar will take a couple days to drop I would guess 😂

mike243

Wife said the syrup in the cake mix probably made them too moist on TAFCAP cake so that will be a do over another week.

OldFussNFeathers

well made TAFKAP brownies, they are goey, I like em but the wife wants more firm, you will end up with goey hands so a plate is recommended, will make POPCORNS next after my sugar levels come back down 🤣
Women typically like them quite firm as us men may prefer them tighter/gooier. Not surprised.

Latest posts