Depth finder , school me.

Iglow

I'm wanting a new depth finder / graph or whatever they are called now. What I'm doing is tight lining crappie bushes and I want something at the back of the boat where when I go over it I can see it for sure. I'll use my old unit mounted on the trolling motor up front on flasher mode to stay on the bush once I mark it. I'm looking for something simple and want to spend about $500.00 or less. Y'all help me out.

Iglow

Plus I guess. What im doing is going over bushes I've put out and marking them then turn around and tightline them. I had them all waypointed on my old unit but forgot to pull the cards when I sold my old boat so I gotta go find them again. I've got a pretty good idea where they are on most of them.

WTM

or, but no networking capability and not sure how well theyve improved the built in mapping.

or

or for a 9" unit

the lowrance hook 1 and 2 were lousy, software issues but maybe they fixed them with these reveal models. the reviews seem to be good.

the lowrance and garmin will work right out of the box on auto settings.

no tax from hodges or gps store.

keep them off drill batteries and those 16v lithiums and theyll last a long time.

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
They all have their own perks. I have 1 Lowrance, 1 Garmin, and 2 Humminbird. I have a humminbird/Lowrance combo at the console. Use both for mapping when running, Humminbird for side scan, and Lowrance for 2D and Down Scan. On the front I have humminbird set up with a 360 and Garmin setup to run livescope. It's a bit overkill but I tournament Fish and have for almost 20 years. I've been through every transition up to this point with electronics. My best advice is watch some videos on YouTube of what you're looking at and go with someone that has them and made a call. I personally can use any of the ones I have for any function but choose the most efficient for my personal needs and roll with it.

Crow Terminator

Definitely...they all have benefits. The downside of Lowrance is the mapping if you fish TVA lakes during the fall/winter drawdown. They don't have lake offsets for maps...they show everything at summer pool levels. That can run you into some trouble if you don't know the lake well. Otherwise, I think they have the easiest to use system of them all.

Garmin...I love their Vision+ maps. You can do the lake level offsets for them and they are pretty good. They show the creek channels, and all that good stuff. They have pretty good down and side imaging and of course, are probably the leader in forward facing sonar.

Humminbird has good maps. They do the lake off sets and CAN make some of the prettiest pictures of structures you've ever seen. But...getting them to do it, can be a Hassel and their interface is wonky and complicated.

I've had all 3 on my boat and am currently going back to all Garmin. They make everything so simple to network from unit to unit and IMO...if you have an Ultra model or GPS model with GT56 transducer, you're splitting hairs on image quality between them and the Mega imaging of the Birds.

Iglow

I was thinking about it and here's what I need. A decent topo map, the ability to set waypoints /zoom down to them and a reasonably good look at what I'm looking at. Other than that I won't use any bells and whistles. What would y'all get ?

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
I was thinking about it and here's what I need. A decent topo map, the ability to set waypoints /zoom down to them and a reasonably good look at what I'm looking at. Other than that I won't use any bells and whistles. What would y'all get ?
How many are you wanting to buy? If I was starting from scratch I'd prob buy 2 Garmin and link them.