Deer's will to survive is incredible

TNlandowner

My 11 year old son shot this doe a few weeks ago. He was crushed when she jumped from her bed and ran away without leaving a blood trail. She had only gone 75 - 80 yards after being shot. Camera pics show he pulled his shot forward of the shoulder, busting the shoulder and ribs. Well, now she has returned and is hitting a food plot near our house almost daily. Maybe this will keep the coyotes away until she heals completely.

Attachments

• Survival Doe.jpg
    Survival Doe.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 320

Remington700

They amaze me at what they can go through and still survive. At least he knows he did not wound her and she went off and died without recovery.

TNlandowner

They amaze me at what they can go through and still survive. At least he knows he did not wound her and she went off and died without recovery.
So true... now maybe he will go back out with me. I promised him a little range practice before we head out... get the "kinks" worked out ;o)

mike243

What caliber and bullet? must not have expanded and just penciled through, it's amazing what nature can heal

TNlandowner

What caliber and bullet? must not have expanded and just penciled through, it's amazing what nature can heal
He was shooting a 243 win with a 90 grain nosler accubond bullet around 3000 fps. This bullet is designed for penetration over expansion or coming apart. He thinks we should can another deer so he wants to go finish her in the morning ;o)

Attachments

• 20191111_90 Gr Accubond.jpg
    20191111_90 Gr Accubond.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 26

mike243

I shot some deer with the Remington 95g accutips and had runners on all but 1 , pass throughs every time, federal 100g spbt bang flops almost every time . Very accurate but didn't like the performance of the Remington's

Latest posts