Deer

Bone Collector

I'm sure there won't be many takers out there and I can't even promise that i will or won't kill any deer, but I have what I would consider a full freezer. sure I could stick more in there and they will be eaten, but I wouldn't say I needed them.

I am by no means gong to stop hunting and if I hunt I am going to shoot deer. Most likely does (if I ever see one again :D ).

If I do kill a doe and there is anyone in the M'boro, Smyrna, or Lebanon area that wants a deer for the freezer and can meet me when I call you, PM me and let me know how to contact you. I hunt at my brothers place in Lebanon and my place in Readyville. If I kill in Lebanon, I will be there and passing smyrna exits on my way home. if I kill at my place i will be in readyville with a trip across town to get home.

I will ask the TWRA for the numbers of the needy families but I wanted to offer to memebers on here too. I'll keep hunters for the hungry in mind too.

Lefty

Did the same thing Wednsday, had a buck down but had a freezer full. Someone contacted me off of here a few minutes after posted.
Nice family who wanted some meat. Met em in Murfreesboro and everything worked out great.

Coach

I like your thinking...what I've done over the last 10 or 15 years is I ran into an old guy named Glen Hamlin...he told the greatest deer camp and deer hunting stories. As I got to know him better he told me that one of his regrets was that he was too old to attend the deer camp that he had been too most of his adult life. I asked him if he still got venison and he kind of shook his head and told me not so much any more.

Well, that year I took him a large cooler full of venison, packed in ice and honestly, he had tears in his eyes. After a few years of doing that I asked him about the other members of his deer camp from "way back when" and he told me they were close to his age and he had been giving them some of the venison I had been giving him...well...I'm sure you know what I've been doing with my extra venison...

And, although Glen passed away a couple of years ago we still fill a cooler (or as many as needed) for the remaining fellas. My point is you can help out fellow hunters that are aging and just can't do it any longer...they will appreciate it very much and if you're lucky they will fill your imagination with some of their magical stories from "way back when"...

Craig_Gann

I would take 1 or 2. I don't ever shoot anything but big deer and everyone knows that may or may not happen this year. Ill usually shoot a doe the last week or so of season but if I got one from someone it'll save me the trouble

UTGrad

Coach said:
I like your thinking...what I've done over the last 10 or 15 years is I ran into an old guy named Glen Hamlin...he told the greatest deer camp and deer hunting stories. As I got to know him better he told me that one of his regrets was that he was too old to attend the deer camp that he had been too most of his adult life. I asked him if he still got venison and he kind of shook his head and told me not so much any more.

Well, that year I took him a large cooler full of venison, packed in ice and honestly, he had tears in his eyes. After a few years of doing that I asked him about the other members of his deer camp from "way back when" and he told me they were close to his age and he had been giving them some of the venison I had been giving him...well...I'm sure you know what I've been doing with my extra venison...

And, although Glen passed away a couple of years ago we still fill a cooler (or as many as needed) for the remaining fellas. My point is you can help out fellow hunters that are aging and just can't do it any longer...they will appreciate it very much and if you're lucky they will fill your imagination with some of their magical stories from "way back when"...

Awesome story. My dad ws one of those type guys in his later years.

Latest posts