Deer movement

GnashviLLe

I didn't see much yesterday. I got into the office this morning and my buddy that lives down the road from me said he saw bucks with noses on the ground and does running around! Middle TN

PSE Shooter18

I have took the whole week off to hunt and almost wonder if I should have took next week off instead oh well

backyardtndeer

Over the weekend with my daughter, we saw no deer Saturday. Sunday we saw all does and fawns 7 total. Ironically the stand we sat Saturday had 3 different 8 points(one a pretty nice buck that has my interest) walk past a camera on a scrapeline during daylight on Sunday morning while we were in a different stand on the other side of our property. Wind was not right Sunday for us to hunt that stand. Morning activity was much better than afternoon here.

huntncoach

Saw 7 deer in about 15 minutes yesterday morning in Rhea. Took a doe - the first deer that presented a shot, but in the next several minutes I had a 6 pointer chasing another doe all over the bottom where I was hunting. Another hunter had told me the night before that he and his son had not seen a deer all weekend or had any pictures. I am afraid the warmer weather coming back for the weekend will slow things back down. By the way, this was the earliest chasing/rut activity I have witnessed on our property.

Ladys man

Weather isn't looking very promising for open muzzy... my timing has been terrible this year I have had to work everytime the cold fronts come through and scheduled time off when it heats back up.

On Monday morning I saw 8 does and two young bucks cruising on public. On the PM hunt I had a two spikes sparring under the stand and 4 does come in to some red oaks. It was pretty happening in the deer woods for me. I'm in middle TN. Not looking forward to near 80 degrees next week though..

FredRog72

The wife and I spent the day Saturday moving stands and doing general land maintenance and saw deer all day long. I haven't seen that kind of movement since archery opened. Then Sunday back at home (Wilson County) a nice 8 point chased a doe around the hood all afternoon. He was back this morning chasing again when a much smaller buck came in and really pissed him off. He was blowing and pawing the ground till the little guy finally got the message. My pups ran to the fence where the 8 point was and barked and he blew and pawed at them and then proceeded to chase the doe again. That poor girl gonna be tired by the time she's ready! LOL

Bone Collector

Deer movement has been off the charts in our neck of the woods. Saturday my nephew got a nice 8 pt making a scrape. Sunday my son and I went to sit for an hour and half and saw 4 in 30 minutes. He shot a 3 pt. I went yesterday morning on public. I saw for sure 12 different deer, of which a group of 6 doe/fawns were being pushed by a 1.5 yr old (small) 8 pt. They passed my stand behind once, and in front twice. I finally got the lead nanny to stop and put an arrow in her. I was going to go Monday pm, but i decided against it. I just put deer #2 in the freezer. I am whooped. I will wait until Saturday to hunt again.

Latest posts