Deer balls?

TheRealSpurhunter

Sure. Its the same with any meat. Find any meatball recipe made with red meat, substitute venison. If your ground is VERY lean, you may have to add more fat content to make them hold a "ball" shape. if your not worried about shape, dont worry about it.

TAFKAP

RobbyW said:
Anyone ever made meatballs with ground deer? If so how?

Never made them, but have gotten it done through Dino's sausage in Memphis. They were quite good. I've been intending to try it for about 3 years now, but have never gotten the opportunity.

Crosshairy

My wife has made some on several occasions.

We used 80% venison, 20% pork, but I've also done some with lean burger and *I think* we used cheese as a binder. It was good, but different. The cheese tended to crisp up on the outside, which you might not prefer, but we liked it.

We made medium-sized ones so that they wouldn't over-cook, but would still cook evenly. They worked really great on hoagie sandwiches, by themselves, and cooked into pasta.

I'd recommend you cook double what you plan to use, then save the rest in the freezer or fridge for future experiments.

Spicy meatballs are another great option, especially if used as appetizers by themselves.

Latest posts