deer #12 #13 Rhea and Hamilton county double 43/44-95

Deer Assassin

Been planing this trip for a couple years now. due to the weather I left sat morning to meet up with Daniel (hunter0925) due to the weather figuring we can hunt sat eve and all day sunday trying to get 2 counties checked off.
Plus I had to bring 2 ladder stands I sold him. Arrived 1230 local and then headed off to hamiliton county.

Daniel had a hang on stand for me to hunt out of, well I dont hunt out of a lot of them and did not care for the transition from sticks to to stand . So i dont really care to fall from 25 feet so I said i will just hunt from the ground since my climber was at his house in my truck

Well i had a 6 point come in but spooked caught my movement. Then had 3 does come in the wind was swirling they got to 40 yds and the only shot was a neck shot through brush but a clear window of opportunity to shoot through. I was tore up and shaking from holding the rifle for several minutes . clear miss and that sucked

it is hard enough to make these trips and the host to put me in the spot for me to just blow it and I did. i was pissed but Daniel had the key to get over it . Elk steaks and busch beer .
IM sorry but that can fix the worlds problems nothing finer.

We got a game plan to try rhea in the am the back to hamilton for the pm hunt.

the beauty of the hills of rhea county was awesome but dang all that. I missed my flat hunting in middle tn
the good thing my ladder stand was the closest to parking area. it was slow morning but once it got good and light the scenery was more beautiful than i had imagine in the dark.
About 8:50 i spotted a doe moving by the kudzu patch but no shot as she moved behind a fallen tree but wait ... sweet n tender was in tow
at 853 i let the "300 black out eat" lol just had to
the shot was 1/4 too a litter sharper than i like but she ran 100 yds and dropped. the good thing she headed to parking area and it was a down hill drag and she was a sweet n tender weight approximate 48 dressed

rhea checked off
time for some bojangles and redemption in hamilton county

Well i bring the climber and daniel got in the hang on we were 15 yds apart. if a buck comes in he will hammer it and doe i will. i told him it would be last light well it was . literally 4 minutes before last light thank goodness for the zeiss but the 7/08 busted the lead doe
hamilton county was done 2 county double complete.

just a great time I got to meet his brother east tn hunter on here and let him have the doe.

I cant say enough just great people great food and a truly great time. I was blessed for this experience it was a great time and the elk steaks were just awesome

rhea county doe
dressed 48
52 yd shot
cva scout 300 black out
125 nbt 2200 fps

hamilton county doe
dressed 91
32 yd shot
rem 700 cdl sf 7/08
120 nbt 3000 fps

10 toms from the ground friday eve 9 yds away

enhance