Daughter’s First

Huntaholic

CONGRATS to her! Bocking???? Never heard a bird bock lol. Explanation please! Cindi Lauper sang about bopping, but I never heard a turkey sound called bocking!

Urban_Hunter

CONGRATS to her! Bocking???? Never heard a bird bock lol. Explanation please! Cindi Lauper sang about bopping, but I never heard a turkey sound called bocking!
It's a very official term I'm 30% sure of it.

When they're alarmed they have a very short "bock" note they'll make. One or two of them will bock every 5-10 seconds. Whenever one does it they all stand up straight and look around. Typically followed by quickly exiting the area. I just mimicked their sound and pace. Every time he bocked, I bocked. In my mind, made him think he must have seen another turkey moving instead of something dangerous. They came peeking into the brush we were in and there was a barrel hidden in there peeking back at him 😁

Huntaholic

It's a very official term I'm 30% sure of it.

When they're alarmed they have a very short "bock" note they'll make. One or two of them will bock every 5-10 seconds. Whenever one does it they all stand up straight and look around. Typically followed by quickly exiting the area. I just mimicked their sound and pace. Every time he bocked, I bocked. In my mind, made him think he must have seen another turkey moving instead of something dangerous. They came peeking into the brush we were in and there was a barrel hidden in there peeking back at him 😁
Thats called a "putt" not a bock.