Dale Hollow ?????????

Cottontop

My uncle and my dad are wanting to go to Dale Hollow to fish for brown trout and small mouth and whatever else may bite. They are both very experienced fishermen but getting up in years. my dad is 75 and my uncle is 87. My cousin and I are trying to see if we can get them there hopefully in late march or early April. I have never fished there and have no idea about places to stay, guides etc... i know there are several resorets up there. Any advice/insider info would be appreciated.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I'm sure there are some guys on here who can help you. I'll tell you this, if you have never fished there, hire a guide. It may be hard to combine brown trout and smallmouth. I'd say go with the smallmouth. The guy who invented the Punisher Jig, o0wns a bait shop just outside Celina, is supposed to be a great guide. Sorry I can't remember his name.

Fordman

bowriter said:
I'm sure there are some guys on here who can help you. I'll tell you this, if you have never fished there, hire a guide. It may be hard to combine brown trout and smallmouth. I'd say go with the smallmouth. The guy who invented the Punisher Jig, o0wns a bait shop just outside Celina, is supposed to be a great guide. Sorry I can't remember his name.

He owns the Dale Hollow one stop... Just call there and I am sure you can get in touch with him.

PickettSFHunter

Dont know a thing about the brown trout but I would stay more toward the dam end for smallmouth. Make a post closer to the time they are going and I will help you with what I can. Im usually on the lake at least 3 days a week by that time.

Latest posts