CWD Zone Earn a buck

swd

Just got an email from TWRA that with my second and third does checked and tested for the season I have got a third buck tag for the zone. Hard to imagine that I will take 2 bucks this year, much less a third...

Andy S.

^^^ You get the additional tags just for getting the does tested.

Does the "additional tag" say it has to be used in Unit CWD? I cannot find that answer anywhere and I've called TWRA Region I and HQ in Nashville, left messages, but yet to get a call back.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Andy S.":1rvwdbqt said:
^^^ You get the additional tags just for getting the does tested.

Does the "additional tag" say it has to be used in Unit CWD? I cannot find that answer anywhere and I've called TWRA Region I and HQ in Nashville, left messages, but yet to get a call back.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/hunting/cwd/hun ... arn-a-buck
Unit CWD Earn-a-Buck

To increase the number of deer harvested and sampled for CWD management, additional bucks may be earned.
Unit CWD includes Chester, Fayette, Hardeman, Haywood, Madison, McNairy, Shelby, and Tipton counties.
Tennessee's antlered deer bag limit (2) did not change; therefore it still applies to hunters hunting Unit CWD as well as the rest of the state.
Unit CWD hunters may earn up to two bucks for harvest, in addition to the statewide antlered deer bag limit of two.
Earned bucks are received by harvesting two Unit CWD antlerless deer, checking them in, submitting them for CWD testing, and being notified of qualification by TWRA.
Only deer harvested in Unit CWD counties qualify for Earn-A-Buck.
Valid for 2019-20 hunting season only.
Earned bucks may only be harvested in Unit CWD.

Latest posts