CVA Optima pistol ready for the Fall

CHRIS WILSON

Back in June, I picked up a CVA Optima V2 pistol. I'd been eyeing these for a while and finally decided to just bite the bullet and get one. I've been playing with some different bullet and powder loads trying to decided what I want to use for whitetail this Fall and after this mornings range session, I'm calling it ready for the upcoming season. The below picture is my last group from this morning at 50 yards. I'm using a 44 cal, 225 gr. Barnes XPB paired with a Harvester crushed rib sabot and 85 gr of BH209. I left my chronograph sitting on my work bench at home, so no velocity to report but I'm guessing in 1500-1520 fps range based on the fact I know the pistol will push a 240 gr xtp at 1475 fps using 80 gr of BH209. Looking forward to interesting muzzleloader season.
20180908_130033_1.jpg

Cabinfever

Hey Chris,
I am the guy that was shooting beside you Saturday Morning. You showed me some O rings that I'm interested in trying. Could you advise me where you got them from?
thanks.

CHRIS WILSON

Cabinfever":r4bpvyfs said:
Hey Chris,
I am the guy that was shooting beside you Saturday Morning. You showed me some O rings that I'm interested in trying. Could you advise me where you got them from?
thanks.
Sure...These O rings will save you a bunch of cleaning time. They fit down in your primer pocket and create a seal that prevents blow back from coming backup from around the primer and onto your rifles breech face. I replace the O ring about every 15 shots. They come in a pack of 100.

http://www.mcmaster.com part#: 9262K611

20180910_070817.jpg