cutting trails on my place, will it hurt my turkey

waumpuscat

hunting? I am currently well involved in roughing in my trail system on my 122 acres in Hickman county. I know I only have a few weeks of optimum time before the foliage starts growing but more importantly the turkey season starts. How long can I work before I begin to encroach on my turkey potential? I am using hand tools and occasional chainsaw. I keep the chainsaw to a minimum.

buckdead

i dont believe turkeys are as smart as deer when it comes to avoiding a specific peice of property. if it where me i would go ahead and use the chainsaw if it would help get it done quicker. your probably not in there every and if thats the case i dont see it hurting your turkey hunting. i would try and get it done 2 weeks b4 season opens anyway.

WTM

shouldnt hurt it at all. on one property i hunt i there are folks that try to ride 4 wheelers, dogs flushing birds and my father in law walking around during season and it doesnt seem to bother them.

i would get it done 2 weeks before season opens like buckdead suggested. no sense in taking chances.

waumpuscat

you guys are making my day! I really need these trails throughout my property in order to place stands for the bow season and also to aid in the approach to my food plots during the turkey season. I love to turkey hunt and have only been at it for a couple of years. I have had really good turkeys the past two years and did not want to do anything to mess it up. Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.

Latest posts