• Help Support TNDeer:

Custom Question

Right_Tackle74

First all, This is a serious question. I hunt with a 30-06., No problems. But when i started out, I used a Marlin 30-30 and Took my biggest Antlered Buck ever with it. I never felt comfortable with the grouping on a lever action, I know there are upgrades (Happy Trigger by WWG,etc.) I always wanted a Bolt action in 30-30 winchester and once bought a Stevens 325c, But the scope had to be side mounted and it had an unusal bedding system. I know some people have had rifles re-barrled for another caliber, and rechambered. If you were to get a bolt action rifle rechambered and rebarrled to 30-30 Winchester, What gun would you need to start with first? Sorry to bother anyone. Just looking to build a carry rifle and eventually pass it along to my daughters when their big enough to hunt with it. Thanks! Randy

The very best gun for you would be to find one of the old Remington 788 Bolt Actions in 30-30. It wasn't a very popular chambering but I imagine you could find one on Gunbroker.com if you looked long enough. I have a Savage 340 myself that is a bolt action 30-30 but since it doesn't have a solid top reciever, you have to use the side scope mounts similar to a lever actions.

Back