Curse this bad weather

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Got me a new turkey gun and a deal on a comp-n-choke.
Couldn't put my schedule together to get the comp-n-choke and I had heard massive amounts of good feedback from the jelly head choke so I just ran by and picked one up.

The last two weeks have been pitiful with the weather here.
Cold and rain ALOT and coupled with the fact that I was working my butt off trying to get done with the house I haven't been able to shoot my new gun.

I went out this afternoon and shot.
First shot was with a 3" Federal shell that is the same thing I shoot, only I shoot a 3 1/2".
I shot at 20 yards just to check the sights.
I shot at a paper plate I had hung in a sapling.
Basically I blew the sapling to pieces but put very few pellets in the paper plate. (20 or less)

I thought about it and moved the rear sight lower, all the way down in fact, and shot again.
Still shot high.
I moved the sight all the way up and shot again, still high.

Put my regular 3 1/2" shell in and shot at 40 yards, still high.
Moved up to 20 yards and shot with sight all the way up and all the way down.
6" high both times.

Moved back to 35 yards and put the sight back where it was when I started (where it was from the factory) and put my normal shell in.
Very impressive pattern but still a tad high. Basically the pattern is almost totally contained within a 10 inch circle but it is pretty much all above my 10 inch circle I was shooting at.
Put in a nitro and fired again at a different target.
As far as the pattern goes, OMG !!!!
I haven't counted the holes yet but holy crap, I swear I believe every pellet is in a 10 inch circle.
Bad part is, still about 5 or 6 inches high. :(

If I aim where his beard is connected to his chest I do believe I will cut his head clean off.
If I forget to aim low.... I will probably miss. :(

This sucks.

Trevor2

Had this problem with my mossy 535 I just got rid of and sad to say no matter where I moved my sights still shot high only way I could fix mine was to put a scope on it

splitter

ruger man i'm in the same boat. i have a benelli nova and it shoots 2 or 3 inches high no matter what i do. only thing i can think of if just aim at the base of his neck until i figure something else out

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
mr.big said:
you can get a higher front site to fix your trouble..

I was actually thinking the same thing last night.
The one I got now is already a half inch tall :eek:
I was standing there looking at it yesterday afternoon wondering how in the heck it could be shooting high as tall as the sights are. :D

Got your pm grizzly and replied, thanks.

Just hope in the heat of the battle I don't forget to aim at his beard. :D