Weather this weekend

Specializedjon

Saturday is supposed to be in the low 80's in Middle TN. Rain possible Sunday.

I've never turkey hunted. This will be my first year (@ 52 years old). That being said, my tactics are to walk out in the back with some camo and the stick/slate thingy and make some "turkey sounds". If I SEE one I'll be thrilled. If I shoot one, I'll be that annoying "Turkey expert" next year. 😂

Specializedjon

Saturday is supposed to be in the low 80's in Middle TN. Rain possible Sunday.

I've never turkey hunted. This will be my first year (@ 52 years old). That being said, my tactics are to walk out in the back with some camo and the stick/slate thingy and make some "turkey sounds". If I SEE one I'll be thrilled. If I shoot one, I'll be that annoying "Turkey expert" next year. 😂
I was just informed I was about to hunt with clay target loads 😂 I was asked what kind of shells I was using. I said "red ones" 😂

@Hduke86 is hookin a brotha up.

Hduke86

I was just informed I was about to hunt with clay target loads 😂 I was asked what kind of shells I was using. I said "red ones" 😂

@Hduke86 is hookin a brotha up.
Lol they could possibly be turkey loads until you post up a pic of the SHELL and not something else then I assume it was going to be 7 1/2-8 shot lead lol

woodsman04

If it rains I'll nap or go fish. Anymore I'm not fighting bad weather whether its rain or wind.
I may still hunt in adverse weather, but I'm with you. I've gotten to the point where if it ain't decent weather I don't want to go. Because if it's bad weather there is a greater chance I want be able to call one up like I want to. Weather it be too windy to hear him or what not.

Rakkin6

I shoot 3.5 tss in my 835, it will knock snuff out of your mouth!
I have an 835 and a 535. The 535 was the first dedicated turkey gun I ever bought. So I bought the 3.5" Winchester Double XX Turkey shells, I think I shot two or three of them and said no more. That 535 is a shooter but it is the hardest kicking gun I have shot.

Tenntrapper

Around here, I just change up how/where I hunt. If bright sunny, they seem to prefer to stay in the woods. Rainy/windy, they hit the pasture. My weekend is a bust...can't hunt till Monday. I will most likely setup at the wood line. See how it plays out.

Tweeter

I have an 835 and a 535. The 535 was the first dedicated turkey gun I ever bought. So I bought the 3.5" Winchester Double XX Turkey shells, I think I shot two or three of them and said no more. That 535 is a shooter but it is the hardest kicking gun I have shot.
My 835 was the only dedicated turkey gun Iv ever had, before that I just used my duck guns, but it will stomp you. But as long as I'm able I'll shoot it I reckon. Other than turkey and geese I don't shoot 3.5, but I did see that hevi shot came out with a 3in dove shell!

Gravey

Are you trying to send him to the dentist lol.
Those separate the men from the pretenders.
Emma Stone Salute GIF by PeacockTV

Latest posts