Crush Rib sabots for Barnes T-EZ

JAD

I love Barnes bullets, but they're tough to load in my gun (TC Omega). Has anyone used these
Crush Rib sabots and which one? Yellow, black? Cabelas has them offered in 2 sizes for a .50 cal. I shoot 250gr. Spitfire T-EZ bullets. Thanks.

CHRIS WILSON

The Barnes TEZ is a .451 caliber, flat base bullet. If you're wanting to swap out the prepackaged blue sabots with Harvester crush rib, you'll need to use the the black crush rib sabot. The yellow are for boattail design bullets. The blue mentioned above are for .400 caliber bullets and won't work with the TEZ.

Tennessee Lead

I stand corrected. It is the black crush ribs. The TEZ come with blue.
There is a noticeable difference when loading But it still takes a lot of effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMB54

Barnes blue TEZ sabot is just a MMP HPH-24 dyed blue. OD is around .504 with a .452 bullet but Barnes are not .452. They are slightly smaller. Black Crushrib is about the same but the ribs make them easier to load. If you want a smaller sabot, look at the MMP 3P-EZ. It will be around .002 smaller loaded OD. A orange 50x458 sabot but with a .452 will be just slightly smaller than that.

Latest posts