Crazy Kids' Request

TX300mag

a1695a424596dac9d6cb2e782f354300.jpg

Raccoon pot pie :D

Who am I to stand in the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaProud

Heck yea. Sounds simple enough BBQ a coon and substitute shredded coon for Chicken in a standard Pot Pie Recipe. Might want to cut the meat ratio down to around half what you would use for Chicken though...and use the least fatty cuts there are.

BamaProud

Reminds me of one time when out little girl was sick and very irritable. She was crying and kept asking for some "cheese-me" we had no idea what she wanted. My wife kept asking what exactly she wanted which only made the sick kid more aggravated. Finally I just said, You want "cheese-me" I'll get it. I made a grilled-cheese sammich cut into triangles and all was well.

Yall are making memories.

TX300mag

This one was much larger than the last one.

I'm beginning to think that the whole "coon is greasy" is a wive's tale. I've had a couple of guys try it today for the first time and they didn't think it was greasy at all.

I pressure cooked the four quarters for the pie and pulled it. My wife baked it into the pie and the kids ate every bit. We kept the neck, spine, ribs, etc to eat separately. I see no reason not to continue trapping them and eating them. It's every bit as good as deer, nearly identical in taste and texture but slightly more moist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Belt

I've only eaten coon a couple of times and I don't remember it being bad. As many as I've trapped I might should try another one. Keep catching them and pretty soon you'll have enough toothpicks for everyone at the table, lol.

Buzzard Breath

I've never eaten coon. Potpie sounds like a good way to try it. Can I borrow your kids to go get me one and drag it out of the woods?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts