Coyotes on trail cameras

primos32

What bait do yall think would be the best to get coyote pictures on a trail camera. I'm about to do a research project for school and would like some ideas to try for as bait. Thanks.

MRUTVOL

I know a guy who tied out a doe deer and put 2 cameras around her and had so many yotes on her in 3 days that he could not get them all on camera. In one pic it showed 5 yotes clearly and multiple eyes in the darkness. Spooky as hell. Also had a couple bobcats on them to. In 3 days time they had eaten the whole thing up,nothing but skin and bone. If you can find a road killed deer you would be in business but you will have to tie it down or they will drag it off away from the cameras.

Nhill

I would think something dead would be better than stinky food. Coons and other critters are more likely to eat the stinky food than a dead animal.

I have a dog and cat that you can shoot and use for bait if you want :)

BDS05

Reading this has got me to thinking.. how many of yall will go to the extent of picking up a vehicle harvested deer?

mossyoak

i put out a road killed deer a couple of years ago at 1;00 am was back and ready to go at daylight.sun came up and nothing but bones was left.thats how fast they ate the deer.

redblood

I had a strange experience. I put out a ribcage front shoulders of a buck I shot in a small enclosd field that lies right along a creek on my dads farm. We have killed aton of bobcats and yotes of this farm by calling. I really thought I would get a ton of yote photos. Nope. Just deer. Tons of them came to it. On the 3rd day buzzards took over. Never saw a predator.

Redwing

I put cameras over last seasons gut piles. Coyotes, Hawks, Possums, Racoons, Red Fox, some Dogs Iv'e never seen before. Yea if it stinks, it pulls em in.

JohnnyBond

Redwing said:
I put cameras over last seasons gut piles. Coyotes, Hawks, Possums, Racoons, Red Fox, some Dogs Iv'e never seen before. Yea if it stinks, it pulls em in.
yup