Coyote kill?

backyardtndeer

Wife and I took a walk Friday morning, and came across what was left of a doe. The carcass had been picked pretty clean, but legs were still there and was still skin on them. I went back this morning and took a few pics and pulled cards on my cameras. Had video of a doe limping hard on her front left leg on last Sunday morning, but otherwise looked to be very healthy. Thinking possibly the limping doe may be the one they got. On Monday evening I stepped outside to bring our dogs in, and heard yotes carrying on right where we found the doe. Wife got home later that night, close to 10, and she said she heard yotes still at it then.

Took a few pics of the teeth this morning, teeth look pretty worn to me, this is an area where there are a good amount of ag crops nearby, any guesses on an age?
20220130_085131-1-1.jpg
20220130_085122-1.jpg
20220128_105137-1.jpg

Looks like they ran her into a briar tangle along the old river channel. Amazing how fast they can pick one clean. The ribs weren't chewed on yet when we were back there Friday.
20220130_085006-1.jpg

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

Mature 5.5+ years old, but she must have been sick or badly injured for coyotes to get her. A healthy adult doe, even an old one, has pretty dang good odds of escaping a coyote attack
Thanks for the reply. Figured she was older, teeth were pretty worn. I may go back and get them this weekend, if they are still there.

I would upload video of the doe if I could. My Photobucket account is held hostage though. She was limping pretty hard, not putting any weight on her right front leg. Pics and video she looked otherwise healthy. Closest highway is a little over a mile away from where we found her, but maybe she got hit by a car?

Latest posts