Coyote caught on camera with fawn

BSK

That's a useless invasive predator right there. Trapping will eventually get most if not all of them but a few will come back.
Actually the data is pretty clear in study after study that no removal technique has any long-term impact on coyote populations. Short term, some impact. Long term, none. 50% of coyotes that cross a given property are transitory (they do not live there). So half the coyotes removed aren't going to be residents. Take out the residents and they are rapidly replaced by transitory coyotes that find an open habitat niche (few residents). Again, you can make an impact for a month or two. Long-term, no.

KSligerTN

Actually the data is pretty clear in study after study that no removal technique has any long-term impact on coyote populations. Short term, some impact. Long term, none. 50% of coyotes that cross a given property are transitory (they do not live there). So half the coyotes removed aren't going to be residents. Take out the residents and they are rapidly replaced by transitory coyotes that find an open habitat niche (few residents). Again, you can make an impact for a month or two. Long-term, no.
Yeah, I eventually trapped the coyote in the picture along with 3 of its pack. They appeared to be a family. I actually saw them killing a buck on one of my cameras. I didn't see any on camera for a long time after that. Now some transitory ones have taken their place. Time to trap hard and knock them back down again before fawns drop. I guess it's just a never ending cycle.

megalomaniac

Right now is a great time to locate an hour before dawn with howls. The denned up pair will answer, then just sneak in downwind of them to 100 to 150y and howl again. They will come. Easy pickings.

Bell3wv

Spend time on your property slinging lead. Don't let them feel comfortable and pressure them. I can absolutely tell the difference in deer, turkey, and rabbits in the years I don't.

Latest posts