Cows and food plots

skipperbrown

I'd try nice first. Call him and tell him about the habitual problem and then suggest he fix the fence and you'll help him and set up a date. If that fails, fix his fence on your own. A good fence benefits you both. If that fails, I'd look into installing an electric fence if possible. The last ditch effort is get the law involved. Once the law is involved, you'll really have an enemy and in my neck of the woods, this could cost you dearly over time so be prepared.

deerfever

That's just beyond me that a man has to keep someone else's fence up or put up a fence himself to keep cattle that is not his off his property. If the guy was worth a grain of salt he would apologize, fix his own fence ,take responsibility for what is his and pay you for the damage his cattle has caused.Very simple to me but I may just be thinking about the old days when people actually took responsibility and did what was right.

TN1BUCK

Had this happen on a paid hunt out of state! Ran 50 head 7 miles down a back road! It made the place dead! Went there for 9 years. I guess the land owner didn't like our money.

rtaylor

I'd try nice first. Call him and tell him about the habitual problem and then suggest he fix the fence and you'll help him and set up a date. If that fails, fix his fence on your own. A good fence benefits you both. If that fails, I'd look into installing an electric fence if possible. The last ditch effort is get the law involved. Once the law is involved, you'll really have an enemy and in my neck of the woods, this could cost you dearly over time so be prepared.

The first time it happened I went home on my lunch break and repaired the fence on my dollar. The second time it happened I called him and told him I'd be glad to help him repair the fence. Times 3-5 I ran the cows out and called him and he repaired the fence. The 6th time I told him his cows were out again and he said it wasn't his cow so I text him an up close picture with the ear tag asking if he knew who's it might be because I was about to have steak and suddenly it was his. Number 7 I ran the cows out again and repaired a different section of fence. Now I don't even know what number I am on.

Mattt

Tennesse has been a fence in state since the late 40's
Southpaw is correct it's up to the owner to keep up livestock not the other way around. Fence them in once on your ground, run an ad I. The paper for 30 days for lost cows. Someone will claim them if not load them up and haul to the sale. I have stock. I wish I lived in an open range state, but don't want to deal with the weather there so,….. I build fence.

redblood

Yes they are coming on to my property. The fence is down in several places and I sent him pictures of everywhere the fence was down but he's trashy enough that he doesn't care. I want to shoot the cows but I know it's illegal.
Take them off to sale barn and send him the check- minus your haul bill. He gets paid, you get paid and no more cows in your plot. Everyone wins!