Cottonmouth in December

ronnycl

Walked up on a cottonmouth today at 2 pm under deer stand, I was not looking for one but he found me. Almost stepped on him and I heard his tail twitching and saw him trying to strike me. I am glad I decided to hunt this spot in a stand and not on the ground. Keep an out out with these warm temps....

BSK

The one time my snakeboots saved me was in early January (cottonmouth sunning himself on a pond's earthen dam).

BSK

Treestand Troubadour said:
BSK said:
The one time my snakeboots saved me was in early January (cottonmouth sunning himself on a pond's earthen dam).
it only takes one time to justify havin them, good thing you actually had them on in jan

I ALWAYS wear them while working in the woods, year-round. I actually find them quite comfortable, and they provide good ankle support.

woodsman87

BSK said:
BSK said:
it only takes one time to justify havin them, good thing you actually had them on in jan

I ALWAYS wear them while working in the woods, year-round. I actually find them quite comfortable, and they provide good ankle support.

I always wear mine too. Working, hunting in the warm, or hiking, whatever. They are comfortable, waterproof, breathable, aint hot, ankle support, I can run fast, just whatever. I love em.

Redfred16

As much as I absolutely hate snakes, I guess you guys have picked up my next hunting purchase. Never had to worry about poisonous snake much in Wisconsin. I knew they were in TN but I figured it was more in the summer and towards the southern part of the state.

Jarred525

BSK said:
BSK said:

What kind you got?

BSK

Jarred525 said:
BSK said:
BSK said:

What kind you got?

I prefer Rocky, but I believe Danner makes some nice ones as well.

Boll Weevil

Forget about the Rocky's being completely, totally waterproof though. I've had several pairs and have just learned to live with damp feet until I choose to plunk down the mucho dinero for a pair of Russells.

Latest posts