Cottonmouth Freeforall

Rev1

A buddy in West Tennessee captured these pictures in the Forked Deer river bottom just outside of Bells .WOW!!!!!

Attachments

• 3530.jpeg
    3530.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 550
  • 3531.jpeg
    3531.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 538
  • 3532.jpeg
    3532.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 550

TboneD

Raised in south MS almost down on the bayou I've seen many a moccasin but I've never caught any doing their thing. Thinking about it, I guess it's a good thing it's not something you see every day lol.

Sharecropper

As a kid in Central Miss. While frog gigging I gigged a Cottonmouth and struggled to pick the gig outta the water and there were 2 hooked up. Had to make a quick adjustment with 7 to 8 ft of snake and 2 heads that were upset to say the least. We had as much fun killing snakes as ever did gigging frogs.

FLTENNHUNTER1

The only snakes aggressive enough to actually come after me were moccasins in the Green Swamp of Florida. I stomped on one once and it popped like a half pint sized milk carton.

TheLBLman

The only snakes aggressive enough to actually come after me were moccasins in the Green Swamp of Florida.
They can be very aggressive at times.
I've several times experienced them aggressively coming to me, and have had to kill a couple truly in self defense. Most of my experiences with them have been while fishing around the back-waters of the Mississippi River (West KY & West TN) and around Reelfoot Lake.

A few years ago, while October bowhunting near the Mississippi, one of the largest cottonmouths I've ever seen struck me right above the ankle. Fortunately I was wearing snake boots on top of my stocking foot waders. I was walking thru some sycamore leaves, no where near any water. I stepped on a big one, jumped back trying to decide the next step, when I stepped backwards & sideways, a different & bigger one struck me. Both quickly disappeared under the sycamore leaves, and I went on my way.

Rob R.

I had a couple cottonmouths intertwingeling in the cove below the house last summer with another close by watching. Gave me the creeps. All three are gone now but I did see another one this morning swimming across the cove.
I've learned to tolerate the copper head but the cottonmouths gotta go.

Latest posts