Food Plots Costs of a food plot

Grnwing

Since you already have a good food source in the hardwoods, I would say you are probably lacking on good bedding/escape cover. I would work on turning that 8 acres into old field habitat. You'll have plenty of food between the fields and hardwoods, and the thicker cover will be good for fawning and also serve well in the late season as good winter cover when the deer need it the most. Bush hog some fire breaks and burn a 1/3 of it every year and you will have productive 8 acres without a lot of cost. I keep about half my farm in old field habitat and the deer seems to really pile in during the late season, they are coming for the cover. I do keep a 1.5ac food plot in corn/soybean during the Summer and then over-seed in wheat/peas for the winter, the plot creates an opening as most of the cover is so thick that you will not see a deer walking through it.

GoWest-OldMan

Deer Camp: I would like to know what do mean by "mulching, and not disking the ground". I Know about the big mulching for chopping up trees and limbs to wood chips, is that what you are talking about.

44 mag

Deer Camp: I would like to know what do mean by "mulching, and not disking the ground". I Know about the big mulching for chopping up trees and limbs to wood chips, is that what you are talking about.
I very well could be wrong but I think he talking about spraying to kill all vegetation, broadcasting the seed and then just bush hogging the dead and grown up grass to provide a layer over the seed you broadcast. There are some benefits to this and a lot of videos on YouTube. You should be able to search no disk food plot and pull them up.