Food Plots Corn plot

TNTreeman

It's mature at the beginning of October and usually last till the end of the season. I'll plant a good greenfield near it in September and several other places. This corn is technically a fall plot but planted sooner

JCDEERMAN

It's mature at the beginning of October and usually last till the end of the season. I'll plant a good greenfield near it in September and several other places. This corn is technically a fall plot but planted sooner
What brand/variety? I know there are so many different variables on timing

T2D2

Finally planted mine last year on JUL 13 following a 0.5" rain (wasn't my plan but trying to out-wait the drought after spreading fertilizer anticipating planting on MAY 31). Got 1.4" rain on JUL 18 and it turned out great. Bushhogged strips/topseeded wheat beginning mid-Oct and bushogged the last of the corn just after turkey opener in '23.
Not sure I'll make it an annual thing - normally try to have it in the ground by JUN 15 but good to know its an option should initial planting fail.

TNTreeman

Its always worked for me. I cut strips in it as well and sew wheat or oats or both. This year I moved it and I'll put in some Green fields all around me. It'll probably be 15 acres of groceries all in all, a buffet of sorts as long as it rains.

BSK

As long as you can plant enough of it, corn can be a major draw at deer season. The biggest problem I've seen is the corn getting wiped out by 'coons and deer before November rolls around.

TNTreeman

Corn is up about 4" now. I sprayed it Monday , fertilized Wednesday with 15-15-15 and 46-0-0. It's been rained on twice since I put it down. So far so good except they are eating the tops outta my corn, hopefully that potent nitrogen smell keeps them away for awhile till it's no longer desirable . 🤞

Latest posts