Coons seen?

Todd Lamb

You guys that go night fishing what lakes or rivers do you see the most coons on?Looking for some places to go coon hunting out of boat I dont fish just looking for some places to hunt this summer.

Thanks Todd

JimFromTN

There used to be allot on the islands on Percy Preist which are open to hunting but you have to get a map to make sure you don't hunt any blue zones. Probably a good idea to contact TWRA to get the exact regs.

turk870

i would second preist use to fish there almost every night,and i use to be an avid coonhunter all the islands are covered in coons

wgmac

I deer hunt and fish at priest and this year i have seen more coons out there then ever before. I have seen them at every spot i deer hunted at this year. If you need someone to show you around out there let me know.

pressfit

Not being a registured coon hunter..lol.. 2 questions..
why would you hunt them in the summer?? and is it legal to hunt them in the summer??

Diehard Hunter

Hunting season is closed during the summer. Do you mean running your dogs for training? That is open year around on most private lands, except in counties with private acts, and some WMAs are closed to dog training. I haven't checked, so I don't know if priest is open to dog training or not.

If you are talking about killing coons this summer, you will be breaking the law.

Todd Lamb

Sorry for not getting back on here to check post,being having to work 7 days a week.I coon hunt year around just dont kill them when season is closed you can tree them just no killing.Most of the WMA's are closed to dog training thru the summer really dont understand why but thats the way it is.Most islands are TVA land some are not.I will check about Percy Preist,thanks for the info.also looking for some closer to Eastern TN.

Thanks Todd

Latest posts