Ya'll seen this video?

Ridgeline300

Couldn't have said it better myself. Exactly the point I was trying to get across in some other threads and post. Something else I've thought of is why would they ban the A-rig but not this? Tn you can only have 3 hooks on your A-rig but you can have unlimited amount of units on your boat.

killingtime 41

People always find a way to take the fun out of everything. 50 grand or 5 grand to catch fish really. Find the bait and you find the fish. Don't take much of a fish finder to spot bait.

Mud Creek

Yet another way of technology ruining things. This stuff is all still pretty new as far as the big picture goes. We won't see how bad this junk is for quite a few years. If you have ever talked about how the world was better before cell phones, cell phones were better when they were just small flip phones, social media is destroying the youth, etc then just try and stick around to see what this will do to fishing and fisherman.

From Televisions, cell phones, computers, vehicles, to even just online shopping at Walmart. Everything that was made to help us or be more convenient has only made people lazier and stupider and this will be no different. It always starts with something that actually does help, and is convenient, but it gets one upped and used to death before it becomes needed. It's no longer there for convenience but because its necessary.

I wish it was never invented.

Biggun4214

Couldn't have said it better myself. Exactly the point I was trying to get across in some other threads and post. Something else I've thought of is why would they ban the A-rig but not this? Tn you can only have 3 hooks on your A-rig but you can have unlimited amount of units on your boat.
Years ago I was talking about technology to a past fisheries biologist and apparently during the late 60's and into the 70's electronics (primitive as they were) were banned on certain lakes when fishing for Muskie. The thinking was that they were too efficient.

Biggun4214

While I've never been an advocate for tournament fishing, a real tournament would be each fisherman use a boat with no electronics. Also, each fisherman would have to choose a few lures from a limited selection.
Basically the fishermen would be using the same equipment.
The format would be similar to school archery (NASP). Same bow, arrows, same targets, etc.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
While I've never been an advocate for tournament fishing, a real tournament would be each fisherman use a boat with no electronics. Also, each fisherman would have to choose a few lures from a limited selection.
Basically the fishermen would be using the same equipment.
The format would be similar to school archery (NASP). Same bow, arrows, same targets, etc.
If I'm not mistaken, when BASS started tournaments every angler had the exact same boat, trolling motor electronics etc. They had their own tackle, but the same boat…I kinda like that idea.

Biggun4214

If I'm not mistaken, when BASS started tournaments every angler had the exact same boat, trolling motor electronics etc. They had their own tackle, but the same boat…I kinda like that idea.
In the NASP school archery competition the only difference is the color of the bow. Bows are even checked for marks that could be used as sight reference.

MidTennFisher

That's a good point. We're limited to 3 hooks but some guys have more electronics and sonar on their boat than a freaking submarine.

WTM

the first 6 classics i think. they pretty much had to because those classics were held on secret lakes. they wouldnt know where they were fishing until ray scott revealed it on the plane ride to the lake.

WTM

and all this talk bow about rookies winning a lot of the tournaments they need to look back at when it first started. rick clunn and a couple others were rookies that dominated AOY and the classics.

Latest posts