Conference refs strike again

Vermin93

The fix was in during the Ohio State vs. Penn State game today. More conference refs trying to keep the top teams in the conference alive because of all that's on the line. The play that was ruled an interception by Ohio State and was not overturned during replay might have been the 2nd most corrupt call of the year. That was followed by a field goal that was allowed to occur well after the play clock expired. What a joke.

Look at this blatantly corrupt officiating.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/10/25/7071291/ohio-state-interception-gif-penn-state

Conference refs need to be replaced with NCAA refs that have zero conference affiliation and minimal bias. Have the conferences kick in $,$$$,$$$ to the NCAA so they can staff unbiased refs and get away from these conference officials. Independent teams can hire their own refs to do their games.

Vermin93

I strongly dislike both Ohio State and Penn State. I've felt that way for two decades.

The replay booth did not overturn this so called interception. Disgraceful!

INTosu.0.gif

Watch the play clock.

playclock.0.gif

Complete incompetence or corruption. I'm going with corruption.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
That is how "The" Ohio State University has done it for years.

Notre Dame has been the recipient of several calls over the years, as well, though... poke, poke :whistle:

In the USCe game, there was a phantom holding penalty that brought back a long touchdown run by Todd Gurley that the SEC admits was wrong, a crazy intentional grounding call that was called by the letter of the law, but in a way that it is never called otherwise, but there was no recourse later... UGA is 7-0 baby!!! Nothing in our way but the playoff!! Seriously, UGA never should have lost the USCe game; there was some poor coaching and execution, and yes, some poor officiating, but UGA should have done more to win. I'm not claiming a "W."

I agree that the officiating in all conferences keeps getting worse and worse. It is really hard to watch a game sometimes, knowing that there will be some real boneheaded calls by officials that will not be fixed. Watching the LSU game last night, the refs "inadvertently" blew a play dead, negating a big gain by LSU. A lot of these pass interference calls lately really make me scratch my head. And these unsportsmanlike conduct calls are VERY subjective, with certain players getting away with dances and hand signals (AJ Johnson), but others getting flagged for the pickiest little things. And, yes, some teams do seem to be "marked" by the refs one way or the other.

farmin68

gator-n-buck said:
They did miss that call but they sure got it right when the refs caught ND running a two man pick over the top.... :)

You aren't watching it from the proper angle. :grin:

farmin68

gator-n-buck said:
They did miss that call but they sure got it right when the refs caught ND running a two man pick over the top.... :)

Did you know that UT, UGA, and UF are all undefeated and tied for 3rd in the SEC East? I can explain it to you if you have the time. I'm doing an online class on the new NCAA MATH. If you're in, you'll need a calculator, note pad, pen filled with disappearing ink, tin foil hat, a live chicken, and a weedeater. :D

Vermin93

Guys, if you paid attention to football outside the SEC you would know that Penn State already had 2 losses that could never be claimed as wins. They included an embarrassing butt-whipping by Northwestern and a loss to an imploding Michigan team that lost its will to win when ND destroyed them 31-0 on the way to 7-0.

Also, as corrupt as the officiating was in the Ohio State / Penn State game, the bad calls were nowhere close to being game ending calls and therefore don't qualify for consideration as a potential win.

Penn State 4-3 and certainly not playoff bound.

Let's see where Ole Miss falls to today.

darn2ten

Vermin93 said:
Guys, if you paid attention to football outside the SEC you would know that Penn State already had 2 losses that could never be claimed as wins. They included an embarrassing butt-whipping by Northwestern and a loss to an imploding Michigan team that lost its will to win when ND destroyed them 31-0 on the way to 7-0.

Also, as corrupt as the officiating was in the Ohio State / Penn State game, the bad calls were nowhere close to being game ending calls and therefore don't qualify for consideration as a potential win.

Is there any football outside of the SEC? :confused: It's kind of like that song they play on the SEC network.... "It's all about the south" ;) That other college football is kind of like what Sweet Brown says......"Ain't nobody got time for dat"! :D

Vermin93

I met the real Rudy one time in a Chinese restaurant in South Bend. It was a few years after the movie came out. Rudy's reputation has basically been destroyed amongst Notre Dame circles. He got busted by the SEC for securities fraud in 2011 and had to pay a big fine. He got sucked into the fame and the money and it basically ruined him.

Rudy Ruettiger: I Shouldn't Have Been Chasing The Money

BamaProud

Vermin93 said:

I watch SEC teams play non SEC teams and usually the SEC team comes out with the win.

Latest posts