Refs don’t know the rule?

encore06

Last night during the Mississippi State and UK basketball game, Smith for State repeatedly step over the line after he shot free throw out and before it hit the rim. He did this repeatedly, and not one time did the ref blow the whistle for lane violation. My understanding of the rule is that the shooter cannot step over the line into the paint until after the basketball hits the rim.

Attachments

• 8D0229F6-4E0F-412A-A6C9-609E3527F61F.jpeg
    8D0229F6-4E0F-412A-A6C9-609E3527F61F.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 59

PalsPal

That WOULD be a lane violation for the free throw shooter. He can NOT leave the half circle at the end of the lane until the ball hits the rim.

Agreed. But, like happens all to often, refs either aren't paying attention or just don't want to slow the game down.

Now, since this happened repeatedly, I'm sure the KY bench was going crazy. I'd like to know the explanation they got.

encore06

Agreed. But, like happens all to often, refs either aren't paying attention or just don't want to slow the game down.

Now, since this happened repeatedly, I'm sure the KY bench was going crazy. I'd like to know the explanation they got.
I usually mute TV and listen to the Kentucky radio broadcast of the game. And nothing was said by either of the radio personalities about the potential violation.

Latest posts