30hqv47.jpg

We didn't go hungry though
fwn151.jpg

The view alone is worth the trip
30tm0ki.jpg

2yyw7ig.jpg

2yo4v9j.jpg

200a4vq.jpg

I'll put up some more pics later with a little story. I have a heckuva cold now and don't feel like sifting thru pics. Long story short is that we shot no elk, hiked in past the outfitters that had people pay $4000 to hunt with them. We had a feeling of accomplishment that we did something that most people won't do....and that we need to buy 2 mules :D

Buzzard

Don't shoot them Baker Jays. A guide out there this year said those birds were Canadian Jays or camp robbers. Since we had 1 hunter (named Baker) who ate everything anyone left out, we called them Baker Jays.

Cool Pictures

megalomaniac

Those birds are crazy!

Last elk I killed I had to cut scraps off it to feed the birds lest they would steal the tenderloins/ backstraps. that bird has to have the least fear of humans I've ever seen. Still, a treat to share the woods with.

Great trip despite no elk. Wonderful country out there.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
That one bird ate about a pound of trailmix and ramen noodles. I don't know if he carried it off and hid some of it or if he just ate it. JP didn't pop him, we just thought it would make a funny picture. A couple of squirrels weren't so lucky though. In the end they got the last laugh as they didn't agree with any of our stomachs.

We hunted up to 10200 ft and the elk, as best we could tell, still had not come down as low as we were. We didn't try to go across the mountain b/c we knew that if we shot something we had no real chance of getting it out to the truck. The weather was great and we hunted over fresh sign but just couldn't connect on any bulls. We could have taken a couple of cows if we would have had tags but we had pretty much decided that we weren't going to tote a cow 9 miles back to the truck.

We walked close to 30 miles in our trekking around and my feet held up pretty good this time. I was in alot better shape this year but still couldn't keep up with Big Mike...most times, this is what I saw of him.
2vsi51c.jpg

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
He did VERY well. He carried his own pack with about 20-25 lbs in it. There were a couple of hills he whimpered on but I was real surprised. He's pretty tough for a scrawny 10 year old.

ghosthunter

I've been dieing to go out there and do a camp/hunt deal, but I just can' seem to get friends motivated to go. Looks like it's going to be a solo deal. Looks like yall had a great time.

Latest posts