Color scope and rings for stainless???

762hunter

I have a friend that has a 270WSM that is stainless and he put silver rings/bases and scope on it.

From across a field I could not see the stainless on the gun but could clearly make out his silver scope.

with that being said I have found that I do not like a silver scope.

I just got a Browning Abolt stainless stalker and I'm about to put a nikon on it with black rings but was debating on the bases.

think I'm going with black there as well

What have ya'll done for your stainless setups?

mr.big

I use Matte Bases and Rings with a Matte Scope on Stainless rifles,

coyotehayday.jpg

Model70Man

I have 2 stainless setups. One with stainless Talley Lightweights and a stainless Conquest and one with matte Talley Lightweights and a matte Conquest. I like them both. That's how I can tell them apart. One is an -06 and the other is a 270. I like the scope and rings to be the same color.

TwinsSSM70.jpg

Model70Man

They are Classic Sporters. The top rifle has been turned into a project. I'll post a before and after pic of it in a couple minutes.

Tiny

On the scope and rings it is really up to what the ind. likes.The biggest thing with stainless or silver scopes is matching the color of the rings/bases an scope to that of the rifle. I have done both matte black scope and rings to stainless and all stainless. Leupold Rings an Bases match up pretty well with Stainless Stalkers

Tiny

On the M-70 Classic Sporter Stainless made 97-98 if the Blue Book is correct.

jakeway

I have twin Ruger Compacts in stainless, both with Matte scopes. The .243 has stainless rings, the .260 blue. I'd prefer the rings to match the scope, but I think the stainless rings on matte scope is OK. Of course, with Ruger there are no bases. I'd match bases to rings.

TwinCompacts.jpg

Latest posts