clover?

bigrob

I planted a small clover plot yesterday and I was wondering could I go back over it in a week or so with some winter pea's. It has rained on it all day and was wondering if it would hurt to walk on it because it should be coming up in a couple days? Any ideals

HOOK

Winter peas are typically planted 1/2 to 1" depth. You should have put that in the ground before the clover. I don't know how it does just broadcast. However if you try this and cultipac it over clover sprouts you will damage the clover.

Backwoods Archery

Best thing you could do is overseed it now with a nurse crop of Rye Grain (NOT GRASS) , or wheat ! This will protect the new clover, and also help control weeds, and grass next spring/summer.
You also might come back around Febuary and frost seed in some clover, to fill in some gaps, and get your clover seed/plant count up going into the spring.
Once the Rye or wheat gets around 8 to 10 inches high come spring, go in a mow the plot back to around 6 inches.
The Rye/Wheat will eventually brown and die off, leaving a weed/grass free clover plot

Latest posts