Food Plots Clethodim mixing advice

diamond hunter

Spoon,thanks for saying 1.5 oz per gallon.I have a 55 gallon sprayer that takes about 2 acres to empty the tank.So,is that still too much as Mick Thompson says? Is that too hot for 2 acres? Apparently,in my other thread Mick Thompson says to nox exceed 16 ounces per acre. My question is this,if u have a sprayer and it has 55 gallons capacity and on 3 speed on your tractor you can empty the sprayer over the course of 2 acres,HOW MUCH Clethodim do I put in the tank? Thanks for yalls help,just trying to cut down on some grasses.

spoon

On my atv sprayer I can spray 2 acres on 25 gal. My 55 gal tank I spray 5 acres per 50 gal. It's extremely important to calibrate your sprayer. YouTube has several how to videos.

As for clethodim, pint per acre and pint of crop oil

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
When spraying clover I set up and mix for an application of 20 gallons per acre. Clethodim goes in at 16 oz per acre, 2-4 DB at 1 qt per acre. my speed is going to vary depending on terrain so I am not consistant. A non-ionic surfactant blends better and will do a better job of getting thru the fuzzy coated leaves and the waxy coated plants. do the math from these rates to reduce for your sprayer no matter the size and determine coverage. I would caution you about spraying heat or drought stressed clover too heavily or too often as you can burn it and slow the fall flush.

Latest posts