Cicadas?

RKenney

Isn't this the year for them to return? Last time they were here, it seems like 13 years ago I think. I can remember catching alot of fish in the creeks with any lure that floated.

I can remember fishing a Rebel Crickhopper in a creek back then and caught a few good black perch and smallmouth....as soon as the lure hit the water.

gil1

I've written about a dozen articles on it and been tying cicada flies for many months now.

I've been fishing in several countries and all over the US for lots of cool species. I've had some really magical days.

I will say this, and you will think I'm crazy. I have NEVER had better fishing in my life than I did during the cicada brood of '98, all within one hour of my house in Nashville. Actually, most of it was within 10 minutes.

Quit your job. Divorce your spouse. Sell the kids. You want to be fishing every single day once the fish key in on the cicadas.

RKenney

They must be full of protien and nutriants for fish to go that crazy over them. I'll bet the survival guys on The Discovery Channel would like the Cicadas too!

Nimrod777

I know it was 7 years ago when they were hatching in parts of TN, but primarily I remember driving through Cincinnati with my youth group. Cicadas were careening off cars and rolling all over the interstate. I let the kids put as many on me as they could find in 60 seconds while we were up there.

tour3r_edited.jpg