Christmas Eve doe

catman529

catman529

Just cooked up a backstrap from this deer. Didn't get any pics of the deer but I did get some video. Shot it yesterday evening in the backyard with the 30-30

http://youtu.be/tjvKpt81xRY

420906ea3ca6498894ab804ae23899db.jpg

Hope y'all have had a merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

double browtine

double browtine

I watched your video last night. You put a good shot on her. Them back straps look delicious! Did you marinade them and grill them? Nice and thick. Cooked medium I hope.

My favourite is marinade in dales, them garlic powder and black pepper. Cook over hot grill to medium. Then dip in horse radish sauce.

R

robinhedd

Great video Catman! Looks like some great looking protein you cooked up also! Robinhedd

catman529

catman529

double browtine":1kctdzjh said:
I watched your video last night. You put a good shot on her. Them back straps look delicious! Did you marinade them and grill them? Nice and thick. Cooked medium I hope.

My favourite is marinade in dales, them garlic powder and black pepper. Cook over hot grill to medium. Then dip in horse radish sauce.
these I seasoned both sides in salt, pepper, ground mustard, thyme and fresh garlic. Let them sit in a ziploc a few hours before cooking. Grilled over coals from a wood fire and basted in butter that was heated on the stove with some fresh rosemary to infuse

Turned out great

Mudbone

Mudbone

double browtine":c1d90we7 said:

Sounds good aside from the dales :poke:. That stuff over powers every piece of meat I’ve ever tasted it on no matter how much is used.

J

John.M

Awesome video - thanks for sharing.

catman529

catman529

Roost 1":1343h12c said:
That piece of river cane on the side really sets it off. :poke:
lol roost, river cane... [emoji1]you know rosemary is good with a steak.

catman529

catman529

Mudbone":vssuki5i said:
double browtine":vssuki5i said:

Sounds good aside from the dales :poke:. That stuff over powers every piece of meat I’ve ever tasted it on no matter how much is used.
Allegro is some dang good stuff but I don't use it every time. I've had dales once and don't remember how good it was but remember it was similar.

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
Mudbone":2i9u671o said:

X2. I love a good marinade but after trying Dales I wondered how they sell it. Overpowering is the right word.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
Spurhunter":2oo98w4c said:
Mudbone":2oo98w4c said:

X2. I love a good marinade but after trying Dales I wondered how they sell it. Overpowering is the right word.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Get the one with reduced sodium and it’s not as strong.

Congrats catman!!! Looks tasty.