Cheatham WMA

Cheatham35

ANyone hunt there? I haven't been there since 07. I found out that a disease hit there and now its buck only during gun season. Any advice on hot spots that have been productive during this restricted time?

MrBill

No does allowed? What? In a UNIT L setting ?

Since when does TWRA let EHD influence harvest numbers? Last time we had a major outbreak, it was "too late because all the glossy magazine thingies had already been printed and sent to the Wal-Mart sporting goods counters"

Cheatham35

PillsburyDoughboy":1z8ih6tt said:
Been 20 years since I hunted the Orange Vest Brigade Headquarters.

Never again.

Why did you quit hunting there? I have no choice as there is no way I can afford a lease or my own land.

Cheatham35

MrBill":1iw6y9m5 said:

Since when does TWRA let EHD influence harvest numbers? Last time we had a major outbreak, it was "too late because all the glossy magazine thingies had already been printed and sent to the Wal-Mart sporting goods counters"

Its only at Cheatham WMA and its been that way for 3 years now.

TboneD

MrBill":2lxaq4e7 said:

I hear ya. Wish TWRA did, too, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

Cheatham35":2ujnz6q2 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2ujnz6q2 said:

Never again.

Why did you quit hunting there? I have no choice as there is no way I can afford a lease or my own land.

Orange best brigade was the reason

Doing a lot of preseason scouting picking out spots only to show up with some nimrod with 6 of his buddies piled in a truck with SKS rifles and rifles topped with Tascos probably ready to desend on all my spots .

Then there were the guys that would not sit still after 8am and walk up and down the roads

Getting game out without the use of A 4 wheeler was a real pain plus all the rules like not being able to leave a stand up over any length of time sorta killed it for me

Cheatham35

PillsburyDoughboy":ky1v8zdf said:
Cheatham35":ky1v8zdf said:
PillsburyDoughboy":ky1v8zdf said:

Never again.

Doing a lot of preseason scouting picking out spots only to show up with some nimrod with 6 of his buddies piled in a truck with SKS rifles and rifles topped with Tascos probably ready to desend on all my spots .

Then there were the guys that would not sit still after 8am and walk up and down the roads

Getting game out without the use of A 4 wheeler was a real pain plus all the rules like not being able to leave a stand up over any length of time sorta killed it for me

Well that sucks. I have no choice though. Its public land or stay home.

PillsburyDoughboy

Cheatham35":3mhydy5n said:
PillsburyDoughboy":3mhydy5n said:
Cheatham35":3mhydy5n said:
PillsburyDoughboy said:

Never again.

Well that sucks. I have no choice though. Its public land or stay home.

I feel your pain. It's tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts