Cheatham WMA hunting spots

Northcott21

This is my first year hunting Cheatham WMA and so far I've had no luck, does anyone know any good spots to hunt in the morning & afternoon?

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpeg
    IMG_1328.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 65

megalomaniac

Ive never hunted Cheatham... but, a heavily pressured area like Cheatham... a beautiful food plot in front of you.... deer aren't going to be using it during daylight.

Look for saddles on topo maps headed from thick bedding toward those food plots and hunt the transition stuff in between.

Or hunt the other hunters... look for escape routes other hunters who access from the roads will push deer through. Go in an hour before them and wait.

Kmushrooman

Hunt the ridge tops in the woods . Especially where one connects to another like a crossroads, a saddle. I wouldn't go to deep in because it will be really hard to drag one out. The fields get a lot of pressure from other hunters. Those fields are good early in the year on public land. By now the deer are wise to the pressure. I have some fantastic ridge top crossroads I hunt at Land between the lakes. I never see another hunter in there. Good luck and keep at it you will get one. Get on Onx app it will help you.

Latest posts