Cheatham WMA - Where to start?

I know a small water hole that you can't see from the map. Most folks ride right by it. Do you use OnX? If so PM me and I'll send you the pin. Someone has a permanent stand there, and they had a cart locked to a tree. Great little spot.

Any of you old timers know where I'm talking about?

extirpate

I'm getting ready to head the WMA this next week for the gun hunt. Was the down tree still there? This will be my first time hunting Cheatham. I've got a dozen or so waypoints marked in OnX. Hopefully I can get some meat in the freezer.

tanasirivertea

I will certainly check it out, thanks! I say the "yukky'er" the better.

I have also found a long pipeline row that runs the length of a ridge, and then ends where a number of other ridges end. I was thinking about checking it out as well. The pipeline row is realtively clear, but the hike in is about a mile (foot traffic only). Has anyone ever had luck in areas like this?

I like pipeline and powerline cutovers in middle of forests. Deer are creatures of edge as some say.

tanasirivertea

Last time I hunted there was a year or 2 before the big ehd die off during muzzleloader season and I seen the biggest buck I have ever seen in my life. I could clearly see his rack from 800 or so yards and couldn't believe what I was seeing when I looked thru my 3x9 scope zoomed all the way in. This is a block of the wma that was across sams creek rd from most of the wma. He was standing on top of a hill in a powerline. We tried to ease up there but he was gone.

One of the top 5 deer Ive ever seen live was at Cheatham wma. buck chasin a doe out of some cedars.

BamBam77

I'm getting ready to head the WMA this next week for the gun hunt. Was the down tree still there? This will be my first time hunting Cheatham. I've got a dozen or so waypoints marked in OnX. Hopefully I can get some meat in the freezer.
No, the tree was cut a few weeks back. Good to go

Latest posts