Food Plots cheap deer coccaine recipe

huntingfool

I actually found that recipe last week and bought the stuff at the Coop (btw, it cost more than $23.00). I mixed it all up and put it all in a big spot I cleared out with the tractor. Going to put up a trail cam over it this week to see if the deer have found it.

BlountArrow

I mixed this very thing up last year. I think I found the recipe on some Ohio deer hunting forum - not sure. I put out the 200lbs in 3 different spots (so about 65+/- lbs per site). In one of the spots they hit it quite a bit for my low deer density area. The other two were pretty much not used at all or very little...but that could've just been poor choice of location. And, yeah, you can't get all that for $23 either.

I tried it because the trophy rock just doesn't seem to be a big seller to my deer. I should probably try the rock again though. I used to believe the media hype that all these minerals was somehow helping antler growth, etc, etc but after reading some of BSK's and other biologist-type posts I'm convinced that is not the case and all this "stuff" is kinda-sorta strictly an attractant and not much else. It makes sense to me that if some company could prove and claim that product "x" would grow bigger antlers then every Tom, Richard, and Harry would be using whatever "it" is to aid antler growth...and that ain't happening "yet" :) .

Football Hunter

BlountArrow said:
I mixed this very thing up last year. I think I found the recipe on some Ohio deer hunting forum - not sure. I put out the 200lbs in 3 different spots (so about 65+/- lbs per site). In one of the spots they hit it quite a bit for my low deer density area. The other two were pretty much not used at all or very little...but that could've just been poor choice of location. And, yeah, you can't get all that for $23 either.

I tried it because the trophy rock just doesn't seem to be a big seller to my deer. I should probably try the rock again though. I used to believe the media hype that all these minerals was somehow helping antler growth, etc, etc but after reading some of BSK's and other biologist-type posts I'm convinced that is not the case and all this "stuff" is kinda-sorta strictly an attractant and not much else. It makes sense to me that if some company could prove and claim that product "x" would grow bigger antlers then every Tom, Richard, and Harry would be using whatever "it" is to aid antler growth...and that ain't happening "yet" :) .
yep,just an attractant

HOOK

I've done my own version of that. You don't need the ice cream salt in the mixture at all....change that part to horse feed Molasses found at Coop or TSC.

7wsm

all you need to do is go to co-op and buy a bag of soda ash pour it out and watch the hole appear in the ground they will wear it out.that is the main ingredient in deer caine cmere deer and so on 20.00 bucks try it you will like it

BlountArrow

7wsm said:
all you need to do is go to co-op and buy a bag of soda ash pour it out and watch the hole appear in the ground they will wear it out.that is the main ingredient in deer caine cmere deer and so on 20.00 bucks try it you will like it

Ha ha, a guy in Dickson county Home Depot told me the same thing last year...haven't tried it but he was emphatic about it.

7wsm

old man told my wife about it where she worked at and me being me had to try it man it blew me away at what the deer did to it .i put it out last year and this year i went to put a TR and wow was i caught off guard 5 ft round and about 2 ft deep google soda ash for deer pretty cool info .

7wsm

Actually Deer Cane is approximately:

3 parts (60%) Sodium Carbonate (Soda Ash)
1 part (20%) Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)
1 part (20%) Artificial Sweetner (I use pre sweetened Koolaid or powdered jello)

7wsm

samething in cmere deer all but price 20 bucks for 50lb or 25 bucks for small jug i have used this for a while no dead deer yet except the ones i shot

7wsm

Sodium carbonate is a food additive (E500) used as an acidity regulator, anti-caking agent, raising agent, and stabilizer. It is one of the components of kansui, a solution of alkaline salts used to give ramen noodles their characteristic flavor and texture. It is also used in the production of snus (Swedish-style snuff) to stabilize the pH of the final product. In Sweden, snus is regulated as a food product because it is put into the mouth, requires pasteurization, and contains only ingredients that are approved as food additives.

Sodium carbonate is also used in the production of sherbet powder. The cooling and fizzing sensation results from the endothermic reaction between sodium carbonate and a weak acid, commonly citric acid, releasing carbon dioxide gas, which occurs when the sherbet is moistened by saliva.

In China, it is used to replace lye-water in the crust of traditional Cantonese moon cakes, and in many other Chinese steamed buns and noodles.

Sodium carbonate is used by the brick industry as a wetting agent to reduce the amount of water needed to extrude the clay.

In casting, it is referred to as "bonding agent" and is used to allow wet alginate to adhere to gelled alginate.

Sodium carbonate is used in toothpastes, where it acts as a foaming agent and an abrasive, and to temporarily increase mouth pH.

Sodium carbonate, in a solution with common salt, may be used for cleaning silver. In a non-reactive container (glass, plastic or ceramic) aluminium foil and the silver object are immersed in the hot salt solution. The elevated pH dissolves the aluminium oxide layer on the foil and enables an electrolytic cell to be established. Hydrogen ions produced by this reaction reduce the sulphide ions on the silver restoring silver metal. The sulphide can be released as small amounts of hydrogen sulphide. Rinsing and gently polishing the silver restores a highly polished condition.

7wsm

Mining[edit]
Trona, trisodium hydrogendicarbonate dihydrate (Na3HCO3CO3�2H2O), is mined in several areas of the US and provides nearly all the domestic consumption of sodium carbonate. Large natural deposits found in 1938, such as the one near Green River, Wyoming, have made mining more economical than industrial production in North America. There are important reserves of Trona in Turkey; two million tons of soda ash have been extracted from the reserves near Ankara. It is also mined from some alkaline lakes such as Lake Magadi in Kenya by dredging. Hot saline springs continuously replenish salt in the lake so that, provided the rate of dredging is no greater than the replenishment rate, the source is fully sustainable.

Barilla and kelp[edit]
Several "halophyte" (salt-tolerant) plant species and seaweed species can be processed to yield an impure form of sodium carbonate, and these sources predominated in Europe and elsewhere until the early 19th century. The land plants (typically glassworts or saltworts) or the seaweed (typically Fucus species) were harvested, dried, and burned. The ashes were then "lixiviated" (washed with water) to form an alkali solution. This solution was boiled dry to create the final product, which was termed "soda ash"; this very old name refers to the archetypal plant source for soda ash, which was the small annual shrub Salsola soda ("barilla plant").

The sodium carbonate concentration in soda ash varied very widely, from 2�3 percent for the seaweed-derived form ("kelp"), to 30 percent for the best barilla produced from saltwort plants in Spain. Plant and seaweed sources for soda ash, and also for the related alkali "potash", became increasingly inadequate by the end of the 18th century, and the search for commercially-viable routes to synthesizing soda ash from salt and other chemicals intensified.[5]

7wsm

Occurrence[edit]

Sodium carbonate crystallizes from water to form three different hydrates:

sodium carbonate decahydrate (natron)
sodium carbonate heptahydrate (not known in mineral form)
sodium carbonate monohydrate (mineral thermonatrite).
Sodium carbonate is soluble in water, and can occur naturally in arid regions, especially in mineral deposits (evaporites) formed when seasonal lakes evaporate. Deposits of the mineral natron have been mined from dry lake bottoms in Egypt since ancient times, when natron was used in the preparation of mummies and in the early manufacture of glass.

The anhydrous mineral form of sodium carbonate is quite rare and called natrite. Sodium carbonate also erupts from Ol Doinyo Lengai, Tanzania's unique volcano, and it is presumed to have erupted from other volcanoes in the past but, due to these minerals' instability at the earth's surface, are likely to be eroded. All three mineralogical forms of sodium carbonate, as well as trona, trisodium hydrogendicarbonate dihydrate, are also known from ultra-alkaline pegmatitic rocks, that occur for example in the Kola Peninsula in Russia.

Latest posts