Charter Boat from San Diego

gtk

Staff member
Anyone ever chartered a boat off the southern west coast? I'm heading out to san diego in a few days, and am seriously thinking about chartering one of those "6 person" boats for some fishing for 1/2 or 3/4 day.

What kind of fish do they catch.. Would it be too much for a 10 year old boy?

tia.

comprifleshooter

Yes you can charter off San Diego. There are numerous marinas. The fishing is quite different than the Gulf or Atlantic. No bottom bouncing. They chum with live Herring and the Sea Lions usually steal your bait on the way down. They will bite it clean off just behind the head. You can catch Tuna, Dorado, Rock Bass and the occasional Halibut. The seas can get a bit rough, maybe a little much for a 10 yr old. The current comes in from the west in very deep water until it hits the continental shelf. That is where all the power of the waves come from. Sort of like changing the spray nozzel on your garden hose. For a sure fire fun trip, take an Albacore Tuna trip. The boat usually leaves at around 9:00pm and you sleep through the night to the fishing grounds 100-200 Nauticle Miles off the coast. There are limits and they are some good eating. Enjoy...

gtk

Staff member
thx comprifleshooter.. i would love to do a over-niter but thats not possible.. we will have to settle for a 1/2 or 3/4 day..

I wonder why the rates are more $$ for the fishing around Corando Island?

Latest posts