Cellular trapping

DoubleRidge

I haven't trapped in years....but the idea of multiple sets being monitored by cellular cameras seems like a fantastic idea...not having to run the traps if there's no reason too would be a huge time saver.... interesting.

Antler Daddy

It would probably be the only way I would do it based on schedule. I don't know how critters would respond to camera. I would think you would want a black flash vs. red lights shining.

Carlos

Its illegal?
There are rules in place about how often the traps must be checked.
Of course, those were in place way before this new technology came out.
I'd say they would be 'checked' just as well by camera, but some folks might diasgree.

Trapper

I run traps in 6 different counties and they are spread out over two different regions and I talked to 4 different officers they all said the same thing . The law says "inspected key part of its definition is look " so I took that as in person and that's where I left it .

Shanman

I run traps in 6 different counties and they are spread out over two different regions and I talked to 4 different officers they all said the same thing . The law says "inspected key part of its definition is look " so I took that as in person and that's where I left it .
Thinking non targets is the main reason. But, if you have a catch before the legal check time frame and your cameras alert you then you could head there. I personally think it's a great idea, catch a domestic and you know to head there sooner. As for cameras, use the black flash cameras, yotes won't tolerate low glows.

Safari Hunt

Interesting question. I'm not a trapper but it seems that monitoring a trap via cell phone would qualify as the same as visiting the trap in person. Traps have to be checked periodically. A cell phone would allow checking a trap set several times a day versus a daily personal visit. Exact regulations are found on pages 13 and 14 of the regulations booklet or online.
Trapper, you must be a busy guy!

Latest posts