Catoosa Muzzleloader Next Weekend

Carlos

I plan on being there. I made a post a few days ago in the general forums looks like quite a few of us will be there.
Have you been scouting any?

deerfever

I have been up two days scouting for juvenile, I have walked numerous miles and found a couple of rubs. There are so many acorns that it's going to make it hard to figure out deer movement. 80,000 acres of hardwoods with acorns everywhere can make it rough. I am going to go scout one more day this week for him if I don't find a hot acorn tree they are feeding on then I believe it will be a rough hunt! Good luck to you guys on the muzzleloader hunt.

Daniel90

I'll be there camping on the bi color side. Green tent. White Silverado anyone else that's going to be there drop in and introduce yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladys man

Carlos":2lyv3k47 said:
I plan on being there. I made a post a few days ago in the general forums looks like quite a few of us will be there.

I went out today but I wnt be there until November 12-14 for gun

Ladys man

Ladys man":1phcm4tq said:
Carlos":1phcm4tq said:

I went out today but I wnt be there until November 12-14 for gun

Carlos you have a pm

Tennessee Lead

Haven't had a chance to get up there and scout yet. Won't get to this weekend with the hunt going on. Will have to Wednesday. We are staying in a hotel this year. Sure looking forward to not having to leave at 3:00 every morning like the last 20 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smyrnagc

Let's see if we can do this:

Those of you that are going up this weekend for juvenile report back as to what you saw...scrapes, rubs (yes/no), acorn crop, etc. This will be for those that are on the first muzzleloader hunt next weekend.

Then...Those of us that hunt next weekend's muzzleloader report back with what we see.

So...Those hunting the November 12-14 muzzleloader hunt will have info for their hunt.

Carlos

smyrnagc":1j5y8cfi said:
Let's see if we can do this:

Those of you that are going up this weekend for juvenile report back as to what you saw...scrapes, rubs (yes/no), acorn crop, etc. This will be for those that are on the first muzzleloader hunt next weekend.

Then...Those of us that hunt next weekend's muzzleloader report back with what we see.

So...Those hunting the November 12-14 muzzleloader hunt will have info for their hunt.

Great idea Sir! :tu:
I've been seeing mostly hogs on camera, not the first buck yet.

smyrnagc

Some of my first hunting 25 years ago was all over the Bi-Color side. We lived in Oak Ridge and hunted it a lot. Since 1991 I have lived in middle TN and hunted Genesis. I saw more hogs and hog sign on the Bi-Color side. But back then I was much younger and went in much deeper.

Carlos

I know what you mean. I still go 1/2-3/4 miles in, but then I end up passing on decent bucks. (I figure if I'm going to deal with getting one out from way back there, it'd better be one of my best so far.) Then I wonder if it's really worth it, going that far back. I'm working towards finding some easier to access areas, even though we all know that usually means more interruption.

JT262

hunting Bi-color side lots of hog and bear sign have had some good bucks on camera. Put cameras in December19 and ran them till April 20 hopefully post season scout will pay off good luck everyone on your hunt

Latest posts