Can you get a trigger job on a shotgun?

ratsnakeboogy

Don't know about a trigger job, but there was a company at one time that made replacement triggers for Remington 870, 1100, and 1187's. They made those guns shoot much better on the slug range.

A

Anonymous

I've got one of the old Win. NWTF edition pumps and the trigger was mondo strong, I tore it apart to give it a good clean'n and while I was in ther I done a little work on the sear, it helped a lot.

But to be honest I would take it to a smith to get it done, a good gun smith will do it rite. I just about over done mine because I didnt know a better way but was able to fix my mistake.

Big Dawg

Lol! Yes thats what Im trying to avoid. I definitely dont want to over do it. I have a tendency to do that when I do stuff like that myself. I appreciate the help.

10mm4me

You can get the 870 police trigger assembly from Brownells. It is a little better put together and honed up a little bit better. It costs about $95 and is a Remington OEM drop in unit.

ratsnakeboogy

Mr.Bro said:
If you got a Remington,no need for new trigger.Most gunsmiths can make it feel like a real good rifle trigger.

They can make it feel much better, but the trigger blade still feels awful. The replacement trigger has a nice wide, smooth blade. I guess you might be able to find a trigger shoe for the original though.

Akurn

I found a gunsmith on ebay that did my 870 for like 50 bucks if i remember right. Sure is a lot better shooting slugs this way.

Coop87

Another option is replace the sear spring with one from MCARBO. It's about $12 and they claim it reduces trigger pull on 870 from 5.5# to 3.5#

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Don't know how far you are from Paducah KY but Lynn at Paducah Shooters Supply has done some trigger work for me before on a .22 and a .300 win mag.
If it can be made better he is the man to do it.