Can I mow?

Specializedjon

Last night I glassed the field and saw two doe that looked like they were gonna pop and one doe bedded down with what looked like a tiny head of a fawn. Appreciate the advice guys. It woulda been bad if I mowed last weekend like I wanted to. I'm a little A.D.D. when it comes to overgrown field 🤣 I'm gonna let'r ride until mid July.

Rakkin6

Translation: Jon doesn't want to mow, but can now tell the wife "We don't want to kill a bunch of baby deer…do we?"

😂
Hey if I told my wife I would run over baby deer she would be in front of the mower in the heat of August making sure I didn't. She was born in Greece but raised in Chicago so she loves watching the animals on our property in the morning drinking her coffee on the porch. She loves deer meat so she like my hunting but she doesn't want to see how the sausage is made.

Rakkin6

This one actually plays with them. She runs up and down our privacy fence when they are next to it eating. And they either pay her no mind or sometimes they run with her up and down playing along.
IMG_20211228_103433941.jpg

backyardtndeer

Unfortunately you could wait until later and still hit a fawn. I hit one raking hay several years ago, in July. Front tire rolled over the fawn when I was turning at the end of a row, no way I could see it. It was still alive, and holding its head up, but was not able to stand. I called the game warden, he came and got it, said he was going to take it to a wildlife rehabilitator.

Rakkin6

She hates squirrels though she wants to eat them, I took her squirrel hunting 3 times this year and she actually did good with no training minus chasing squirrels in the yard and I took a squirrel tail and drug it through the yard letting her chase it.

Latest posts