Can’t wait to pattern my Christmas present!

Gotta go buy it first. 😆😆😆

BFB2580B-7685-4045-AF24-93F1E9253A8C.jpeg

utvolsfan77

That should be knocking them down this spring. Heck, my oldest son is 30 and has started reloading his own shotshells with TSS. IT IS expensive but so effective that he has started using it with a 410, and has had several 1-shot kills out to 50 yards. Carrying a break action single shot with TSS is a whole lot lighter than ANY pump or semi-auto, regardless of gauge.

deerfever

Kewl!

What's wrong with the safety?
Savage put a safety on the gun so you can pull the hammer and not have to worry with the turkey seeing or hearing you cocking the gun and you can move safely once engaged, the safety cannot be engaged until fully cocked. To me it's no different than a safety on any other gun except most single shots don't have a safety and the location so you have to get used to it. If you put the safety on the trigger will pull but the safety blocks it from hitting the firing pin. The good thing with the safety is if you move on the bird after cocking the gun you can do it without having to ease the hammer off, you have the safety on and it's no different than moving with a pump or semi automatic with the safety on at that point.I always use it and it's no big deal to me but you have to get used to a single shot with a safety feature and the position the safety is located .

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
There's nothing wrong with it. I just grew up with single shot shotguns that didn't have this extra safety. If the hammer is back, I'm ready to kill something. This firearm allows you to pull the hammer, then apply this safety. I'm just not a fan of that.
Got ya !
Makes sense now duh me !

deerfever

Do yourself a favor and skip the federal tss and go to foxtrot ammo or burgess creek, or roll your own
Have you had issues with Federal TSS out of your 301 T? Savage developed the choke tube that comes with the gun for Federal TSS, I didn't have to buy another choke tube at all as the Federal TSS patterned awesome. I have the 410 in the 301 T also and the Federal shoots great out of it with the stock tube.

knightrider

Have you had issues with Federal TSS out of your 301 T? Savage developed the choke tube that comes with the gun for Federal TSS, I didn't have to buy another choke tube at all as the Federal TSS patterned awesome. I have the 410 in the 301 T also and the Federal shoots great out of it with the stock tube.
No problems just denser patterns with more shot 15/8 out of others vs 11/2 out of federal in the 20 ga.

deerfever

I have never had any issues with performance with the 1.5 ounce load as TSS is unreal on the pattern but if you want a 1 5/8 load Federal makes that also In a 8/10 load. They shoot very well also. I have heard several other companies make great loads but I have never seen them , I assume you have to order from the company with some of it. I am guessing you would be hard pressed to find any brand and if you do the price will probably be ridiculous! Thank goodness I have enough to do for a few years.

Attachments

• IMG_20211229_075929946.jpg
    IMG_20211229_075929946.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts